West Lancashire Borough Council
Stay alert, save lives. Find out about the new measures starting in West Lancashire regarding COVID-19.
To support and maintain our critical services during this time, we have closed the Customer Services Points at our offices in Derby Street, Ormskirk, and the Concourse Shopping Centre in Skelmersdale. Please help us to support you by accessing non-emergency services on this website which are available 24 hours a day. Please understand, we are prioritising calls to ensure we can continue to provide our essential services. For anyone who cannot access services online, our Customer Services team can be contacted on 01695 577177
If you are vulnerable we have launched West Lancs Together with local health and community partners to help you.
If you have been told to self-isolate due to COVID, you may be eligible for a test and trace support payment.
Our Money Advice Team can offer great advice if you are struggling financially, and you can find out what support you can get with paying bills, rent or a mortgage, or getting food if you are affected by the coronavirus on the government website (external link).
You can view the proceedings of the Cabinet meeting on 10 November and the Planning meeting on 12 November online.
West Lancs Outdoors has organised some great new fun activities in our local parks.
Your West Lancashire
Find more information for where you live
- Coronavirus (external link)
- Gritting (external link)
- Flooding (external link)
- Report a pot hole (external link)
- Report a highway fault (external link)
- Blue Badges (external link)
- Elections (external link)
- Roads & travel (external link)
- Schools (external link)
- Health & social care (external link)
- Births, marriages, deaths (external link)
- Household waste recycling centres (external link)
- West Lancashire to be placed in Tier 3 under the Government's latest coronavirus measures
- Our support for local businesses takes vacancy rates down to record low
- New testing site at Sandy Lane in Skelmersdale
- Car parking charges will be suspended in Council-owned car parks in Ormskirk town centre throughout November
- We continue to support the needs of West Lancashire during the pandemic
- Can you be our 'Independent Person'?
- Businesses can find out more about West Lancs Kickstart Scheme
- Coronation Park and Beacon Country Park awarded the Green Flag by Keep Britain Tidy
- People struggling financially due to Coronavirus can get support to avoid the loan shark trap
- Community leaders named in Queen's Birthday Honours List
- West Lancashire Borough Council tenants struggling to pay their rent can contact us for help
- Work begins on exciting housing project by Tawd Valley Developments
- Lockdown plea to government
- Significant progress made on Skelmersdale town centre