West Lancashire Borough Council
Current alert level: National lockdown - Stay At Home.
If you have any coronavirus symptoms get a test by clicking here and stay at home.
Following the Government announcement today that the shielding criteria is being extended to include more people who will be contacted shortly via a letter from the NHS, we would like to remind any resident who is vulnerable without any support from family and friends that West Lancs Together can help put you in touch with services that can help.
We are aware that the E484K mutation first identified in Liverpool has been detected in West Lancashire. We are working closely with our partners in Public Health England and Lancashire County Council to monitor the situation and we will update information as necessary. Residents should not be unduly alarmed, and there is no evidence this mutation is more transmissible or causes more severe illness. However, additional symptoms of this new mutation may include mild flu or cold symptoms. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you should get a test.
We urge people to continue to follow the national guidance to protect themselves and others. This means staying at home except for essential purposes such as shopping for essential supplies, going to work if you can’t do so from home or providing care for others. When in public, wear a face covering, maintain a two-metre space between you and other people and wash your hands often. If you have COVID symptoms you should book a test by calling 119 or by visiting www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test.
The Customer Services Points in Derby Street, Ormskirk, and the Concourse Shopping Centre, Skelmersdale, are currently closed. Please access non-emergency services on this website. For anyone who cannot access services online, our Customer Services team can be contacted on 01695 577177. Emergency calls will be prioritised.
Your West Lancashire
Find more information for where you live
- Coronavirus (external link)
- Gritting (external link)
- Flooding (external link)
- Report a pot hole (external link)
- Report a highway fault (external link)
- Blue Badges (external link)
- Elections (external link)
- Roads & travel (external link)
- Schools (external link)
- Health & social care (external link)
- Births, marriages, deaths (external link)
- Household waste recycling centres (external link)
- Apply now for a postal vote, and have your voice heard
- Residents urged to 'get tested' after COVID mutation identified in West Lancashire
- Review started of the 'Action on Climate Emergency'
- New Council homes to be built in Skelmersdale after successful funding bid
- Have your say on our exciting plans for Ormskirk town centre
- Help shape the future of your local health services
- National Lockdown
- Work begins again on Skelmersdale town centre
- It's important to protect our homes this winter
- Let's make sure we are prepared for life outside the European Union
- Our support for local businesses takes vacancy rates down to record low
- We continue to support the needs of West Lancashire during the pandemic
- People struggling financially due to Coronavirus can get support to avoid the loan shark trap
- Significant progress made on Skelmersdale town centre