Council offices and CSP
Our Customer Service Points have re-opened from 4 May 2021. The opening hours are Tuesdays-Thursdays 10am-3pm. We will be happy to see you, and ask that you join our staff in keeping to the government's guidance designed to keep us all safe during the coronavirus pandemic, which includes wearing a mask in enclosed spaces (unless you are exempt) and observing social distancing (two metres is best). You can also access many Council services through your online account with us (link to Service Now) and find a lot of information about the Council on this website:
West Lancashire Borough Council has two main customer contact points in the borough: the council offices in Ormskirk and the Customer Service Point in Skelmersdale.
Council Offices, 52 Derby Street, Ormskirk L39 2DF
This is the main office of West Lancashire Borough Council.
- Directions to council offices, Ormskirk (external link)
- Download information about using public transport to visit us (PDF 72kb)
- Find out about car parking in Ormskirk
Please note: Wigan Road/Abbotsford entrance to Derby Street car park is closed to cars.
There is a pay and display car park at the council offices. If you are staying for less than 30 minutes, you can obtain a free parking ticket from the pay and display machines on the car park.
If you will be longer than 30 minutes you will need to purchase a parking ticket from any of the pay and display machines. Parking tickets must be clearly displayed in the windscreen of your vehicle.
Customer Service Point (CSP), Concourse, Skelmersdale WN8 6LN
The Customer Service Point (CSP) is a great service for Skelmersdale residents at the Concourse. Drop in while you're shopping to ask a question or request a service.
Download information about using public transport to visit us (PDF 72kb)
Our online services include:
- Viewing planning applications
- Getting information about bin collections and recycling services and report problems
- Requesting a bulky waste collection
- Reporting fly tips and abandoned cars
- A number of council tax services, such as applying for a discount or change of circumstances
- Requesting a pest control service
- Enquiring about jobs with the council and give your comments, compliments and complaints
- Electoral registration and other elections and voting matters
- You can also report problems with street lighting, footways, or flooding to Lancashire County Council online
If you are a Council tenant, or want to be a Council tenant, you can find a lot of information and services online:
- Ways to pay rent and basic rent account queries
- Information on how to start a tenancy
- Right to buy
- Terminating a tenancy
- How to apply for a council garage
- Advice about how to find accommodation and access the Council's waiting lists
- How to join the mutual exchange register
- Advice about neighbour nuisance